From Basic Checking to an account with enriched features and benefits such as Smart Checking, Monroe Bank & Trust will help you find an account that fits your needs.
With a Smart Checking account you’ll be covered by Monroe Bank & Trust’s IDProtect® service that helps better protect yourself and your joint account owners with our identity theft monitoring and resolution service1 that includes credit file monitoring2, 3-in-1 credit report, monitoring of over 1,000 public databases, identity theft expense reimbursement3, fully managed resolution services, and more.
SMART CHECKING ECLUB LOGIN
DOWNLOAD THE SMART
CHECKING ECLUB APP
- Up to $10,000 in identity fraud expense reimbursement4*
- Cell phone protection4 (Cell Phone Bill must be paid through this account)
- Travel & Leisure Discount Membership*
- Debit Advantage® – Buyer’s protection and extended warranty (Item(s) must be paid entirely through this account)
- Health Discount Savings* This is NOT insurance.
- Up to $10,000 accidental death & dismemberment insurance4
This checking account has no minimum balance requirement and provides convenience, flexibility, and easy access to your funds
1The monthly fee is waived when you do at least one of the following:
- Use your debit card for 10 transactions
- Set up Direct Deposit
- Make two or more automatic payments
Young Adult Checking
Designed for Young Adults ages 16-24** You get convenient access to your funds whether you’re working or attending college.
*Up to a $10.00 rebate each month. **16 and 17 year olds without an account co-owner who is 18 or older are not eligible for check access and are restricted from making deposits at ATMs. This account will automatically be eligible for check access and ATM deposit ability on the account owners 18th birthday.This account will automatically convert to a Smart Checking account on your 25th birthday.
Designed for customers who need a fresh start.
Consider this account if you’ve had no more than two overdrafts within the past 24 months and a letter from your former financial institution confirming that all outstanding balances have been paid.
After one year of keeping your account in good standing and properly managed, you may be eligible to upgrade to another Monroe Bank & Trust checking account. Some restrictions may apply.
Health Savings Account
Plus your unused balance rolls over year after year, so you can’t lose money you don’t spend.
This is a tax-exempt account used with a high deductible health plan. It is designed to help you save for medical expenses.
- Account may be opened by individuals or through Employer-Sponsored Programs.
- Deposits are deductible from taxable income even if you do not itemize deductions on your tax return.
- Set up as a checking account with limited check access plus the convenience of a debit card for withdrawals/payments.
- Withdrawals used for eligible medical expenses are tax exempt.
- You maintain control over the account if you change plans or even jobs.
- Savings may be used to pay your deductible or for eligible medical and prescription expenses.
- You may roll over Medical Savings Account (MSA) funds into an HSA, if you do so within 60 days of withdrawing funds from the MSA.
Rules & Contribution Limits change. Be sure to consult a tax specialist, your company human resources department or visit the Internal Revenue Service HSA section for the most current information and contribution limits.
Open a Monroe Bank & Trust Checking Account
Choose to bank with people you can bank on – save, build, plan, unfold each chapter of your story. At Monroe Bank & Trust, we are dedicated to knowing your story. Hopes. Dreams. Challenges. If you’ll allow us, we’d love to talk about it – all of it.
Other Products of Interest
Ready to make the switch to Monroe? We make it quick and easy to switch all your automatic payments and direct deposits.
Check account balances, transfer money and pay bills on-the-go with our mobile banking app.
Pay anyone, anywhere using only their email address or mobile phone number with our PopMoney Service.
Save time and a trip to the branch or ATM. Deposit checks on the go anytime, anywhere.
1 When you use your debit card at least 15 times per month and have on or more direct deposits or make two or more bill payments per month.
2 Up to $10 in ATM fees rebated each month when you use your debit card at least 15 times per month and have one or more Direct Deposit or make two or more bill payments per month.
3 IDProtect is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owner(s), and their joint account owners. The service not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner or to businesses, clubs, trusts organizations and/or churches and their members, or schools and their employees/students.
4 Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or the certiﬁcate of insurance.