Comprehensive Financial Education Programming
Monroe Bank & Trust recognizes the need to reach members of our community with a formalized, systematic, far-reaching approach to the financial literacy challenge. Monroe Bank & Trust offers a comprehensive suite of literacy programs designed to meet the needs of our community from early education through adulthood. (Programming available for all ages.)
Adult Workshops – Our mobile adult program, where teachers instruct 60-minute classes on 5 subjects including: personal budgeting, credit reports, checking accounts, first-time home buying and fraud prevention.
School Banking – An in-school student banking program focusing on saving and money management exercises specific to students in grades 4-6. Vault online , electronic learning provides expanded curriculum, as well as the hands-on banking interactions students complete with their peers.
High School financial education– Using EverFi technology, this interactive, web-based curriculum teaches financial principles while students complete modules on specific topics. An animated, gaming component is included and features real world scenarios complete with goal setting.
GreenPath Financial Wellness – Created in 2007 , the partnership with this nonprofit focuses on individualized financial counseling, debt management plans, personal credit and housing issues, student loans, pre-purchase counseling and other preventative services.
Monroe County Learning Bank Network – The corporate/community collaboration featuring GED certification and financial education courses provided in a former Monroe Bank & Trust office.
Green Apple Awards
Monroe Bank & Trust created the Green Apple Award for Financial Literacy to recognize the exemplary efforts of Monroe Bank & Trust employees and members of the community in delivering critical financial education. Each year, Monroe Bank & Trust will present the Green Apple Award to individuals and organizations that have shown exceptional innovation, dedication and commitment to the field of financial education.
For more information on how you can participate, please contact us.
Awards and Recognitions
- Financial Education Innovation Awards presented by NASDAQ & EverFi.
- Michigan Bankers Association award for Financial Literacy, winning multiple years.
- America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence.
- Honorable Mention, American Bankers Association Community Commitment Awards in Financial Education Category.
- State of Michigan, Special Tribute for Monroe Bank & Trust Financial Education Programs from the Monroe Rotary Club “Service Above Self” Award.
- The American Bankers Association National Community Service Award for its model Financial Education program.
- ICBA National Community Bank Service Award for Financial Literacy