Comprehensive Financial Education Programming
Monroe Bank & Trust recognizes the need to reach members of our community with a formalized, systematic, far-reaching approach to the financial literacy challenge. Monroe Bank & Trust offers a comprehensive suite of literacy programs designed to meet the needs of our community from early education through adulthood. (Programming available for all ages.)
Adult Workshops – Our mobile adult program, where teachers instruct 60-minute classes on 5 subjects including: personal budgeting, credit reports, checking accounts, first-time home buying and fraud prevention.
School Banking – An in-school student banking program focusing on saving and money management exercises specific to students in grades 4-6. Vault online , electronic learning provides expanded curriculum, as well as the hands-on banking interactions students complete with their peers.
High School financial education– Using EverFi technology, this interactive, web-based curriculum teaches financial principles while students complete modules on specific topics. An animated, gaming component is included and features real world scenarios complete with goal setting.
GreenPath Financial Wellness – Created in 2007 , the partnership with this nonprofit focuses on individualized financial counseling, debt management plans, personal credit and housing issues, student loans, pre-purchase counseling and other preventative services.
Monroe County Learning Bank Network – The corporate/community collaboration featuring GED certification and financial education courses provided in a former Monroe Bank & Trust office.
Awards and Recognitions
- Financial Education Innovation Awards presented by NASDAQ & EverFi.
- Michigan Bankers Association award for Financial Literacy, winning multiple years.
- America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence.
- Honorable Mention, American Bankers Association Community Commitment Awards in Financial Education Category.
- State of Michigan, Special Tribute for Monroe Bank & Trust Financial Education Programs from the Monroe Rotary Club “Service Above Self” Award.
- The American Bankers Association National Community Service Award for its model Financial Education program.
- ICBA National Community Bank Service Award for Financial Literacy