High School Financial Education Program
Monroe Bank & Trust added the nationally-recognized EverFi interactive online financial literacy program to our list of outreach options in 2011, addressing the need for high school financial education. As a service to high schools within our market, Monroe Bank & Trust absorbs the per-school licensing cost of the EverFi program so schools can benefit from EverFi at no cost.
We know that financially literate children are more likely to become financially literate adults. If you develop bad habits early they grow into worse habits later. Financial literacy may not be exciting but it’s important, and student loan debt has surpassed credit card debt.
- EverFi is the nation’s leading education organization that teachers, assesses, and certifies students in critical life skills, including Financial Literacy.
- This network includes over 750 financial institutions across the country.
- EverFi uses the latest new media tools including 3D gaming, Twitter-like messaging tools, animations, video, adaptive-pathing and other technologies.
- Students select their own avatar and enter a simulation where they apply their new financial literacy skills.
- 18 million students and consumers and consumers have been educated around financial literacy topics across the globe.
We currently sponsor the EverFi curriculum in 13 local high schools in Monroe & Wayne counties. For information on how your school can participate please contact us.
Services are offered through EverFi and its licensed affiliates. EverFi is a separate entity and not affiliated with Monroe Bank & Trust.