Monroe Bank & Trust is extremely proud of our history as a community bank since 1858, and of the extensive financial and volunteer contributions we make to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
The Monroe Bank & Trust “Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy” provides a guideline for our allocation of resources, time and personnel to community organizations. Contributions may be financial or non-financial (such as assisting with manpower needs through our employee volunteer program).
It is the policy of Monroe Bank & Trust to support activities, organizations and causes in our designated market area which consists of Monroe and Wayne Counties in Michigan. Contributions or sponsorship must help to advance both a public purpose (education, health, safety, culture, general welfare, or critical need) for the residents of these areas and a corporate purpose (furtherance of the interests, image and responsibilities) of Monroe Bank & Trust. While a banking relationship with Monroe Bank & Trust is not required for contribution consideration, preference is extended to organizations having their primary banking relationship with Monroe Bank & Trust.
Monroe Bank & Trust may contribute to and/or encourage and support its employee involvement with community and civic groups that address the following criteria:
- Safety, health/wellness and human services
- Community/Civic needs
- Economic Development activities
- Conservation, environmental, and historic education causes
- Arts, culture and humanities
Monroe Bank & Trust does not contribute to:
- Individuals (including requests for medical treatment or care)
- Political campaigns/parties
- Religious organizations
- Social or athletic organizations
- Trips, travel or cultural exchange programs
- Organizations/events that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion or national origin
Application and Processing of Requests for Contributions or Sponsorship
All requests for contributions need to be submitted in writing to the Monroe Bank & Trust Charitable Contributions, c/o the Marketing Department at 102 E. Front Street, Monroe, Michigan 48161. If the request is for support of an event, it should be submitted in writing at least two weeks in advance and should include:
- Name, address and phone number of the contact person
- Purpose and mission of the group requesting support
- Type of support requested (financial or volunteer)
- Description of how any funds will be used
- Description of the recognition or benefit Monroe Bank & Trust (or its affiliates) will receive (advertising, announcements at event, banners, etc.)
Application and Processing of Requests for volunteer Support
To request volunteer support, please complete our convenient online volunteer request form at least two weeks prior to your event. Contact the Monroe Bank & Trust ENLIST Volunteerism Coordinator at email@example.com or by phone at 734-384-8267 if you have any questions.